JULY 14 UPDATE
As of Tuesday, July 14th, masks are now only required for the FIRST slot of the day (Monday to Friday: 12 pm-2 pm and Saturday to Sunday: 10 am-12 pm). We still encourage people to wear masks to help protect themselves and others during the other climbing sessions, but they are not mandatory anymore.
For those who feel safer with everyone in the gym wearing masks during their climbing time, we are still offering the first climbing slot of the day as a “Mask Mandatory” climb time.
Staff will continue to wear masks and extra cleaning will continue to be performed constantly to keep everyone safe.
We are now resuming belay tests, courses, and gear rentals.
Thank you all for your support and understanding during this uncertain time.
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF OUR CURRENT PROCEDURES AND COVID PROTOCOLS.
In accordance with the health authority and with the support of the Sport Climbing Association of British Columbia and Climbing Canada, gyms around the province are opening up shop to serve you!
As you might have heard, we are re-opening the gym on Monday June 8th! We are considering this a soft re-open, as we are entering uncharted territory and may need to reassess things as we go.
It’s incredibly important to us that we keep our staff and guests healthy and safe, so we’ve been carefully planning and implementing new procedures and rules and getting new structures in place. Things are going to be a little different around the gym. Please trust we have everyone’s best interest in mind during this time.
First and foremost, if you have traveled in the past two weeks or are feeling ill, we ask that you stay home to keep everyone safe. If you have a compromised immune system or live with someone who does, please consider staying home; know that there is an inherent risk to visiting any public spaces.
Here are a few things that will be different:
● In order to limit capacity and safely practice physical distancing, we will be using a booking system. Climbers must book ahead into a specific two and a half hour time slot. Book your session here: Book Now.
● To ensure the best use of your time and to keep things as clean as possible, we encourage climbers to arrive ready to climb ie; already changed and with a water bottle filled.
● To decrease the spread of the virus, all staff and climbers are asked to wear a face mask. We may relax this rule in the future, but for now, a mask is a requirement during the first block of every day.
● All climbers are asked to wash or sanitize their hands before entering the climbing area and before leaving the climbing area.
● Children under 12 will not be allowed in the gym at this time unless directly supervised at all times by a parent, guardian or under the guidance of one of our booked staff. Any parent or guardian can only supervise one child in order to ensure social distancing guidelines are followed properly.
● No loose chalk will be permitted in the gym. Please use chalk balls or liquid chalk. This will be actively enforced.
● No street shoes will be permitted in the climbing area and no climbing shoes will be permitted in the bathroom.
● There will be staff monitoring the climbing area and assisting with people checking in. You may be asked to wait in a specific area before tying into a climb. Please respect that our staff will be working to ensure that everyone is safe.
Please check out our FAQ about new procedures here and if you have any additional questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to view our COVID Safety Plan, you can download the PDF here: COVID Safety Plan Download.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!